All Red Sail Sports dive packages must be pre-booked and pre-paid with minimum of three days diving. Dive Packages are not available for purchase on-island. Rates are per person, in US dollars. No refunds for unused portions. Dive packages for certified divers only. Price is subject to change without notice.
- Payment is required at the time of booking.
- We accept: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover
- Cancellations within 24 hours are non-refundable. Dive packages are non-refundable within 14 days of arrival to Grand Cayman.
- No-shows are non-refundable.
- Departure points are subject to change and are dependent upon weather.
- Bookings canceled due to weather, acts of God, or circumstances beyond the control of Red Sail Sports will be rescheduled or subject to a full refund.
Prior to enrollment in any of the courses, a Confidential Medical Form must be filled out, and a physician’s release may be required. Please note that the production of a physician’s release does not guarantee entry into dive courses, this will be at the discretion of Red Sail Sports dive instructors or dive supervisors.
Please note that Red Sail Sports is currently unable to offer diving activities to those with asthma, even with medical clearance.
Certified divers who have incurred medical conditions since they were certified that may affect their diving are advised to obtain clearance from their physician stating they are cleared to scuba dive without restrictions.
Refresher Course Policy
- Last dive was over 1 year ago, Refresher Course is recommended.
- Last dive was 2-5 years ago, Refresher Course is required.
- Last dive was 6+ years ago, Full PADI SCUBA Tune-Up Course is required.
Junior Divers (10-11 years old) are allowed to dive to a maximum depth of 40 feet and Junior Divers (12-14 years old) are allowed to dive to 60 feet (70′ with Advanced Certification).
Junior Divers must have a parent or legal guardian accompany them at all times on courses and dive boats.
Parents must provide a written statement authorizing a legal guardian.
Dive packages are not available to Junior Divers (ages 10 & 11 years old) as they are limited to a depth of 40 feet.
Junior Divers can only participate in the following dives; 1-Tank Afternoon Dive, 1-Tank Stingray City Dive, 1-Tank Night Dive, and the second dive of the AM 2-Tank West.
- Red Sail Sports’ dive ratio is one divemaster per ten certified divers max. on each guided dive.
- We provide one instructor for every four Discover Scuba Resort Course students.
- We do not allow divers to dive solo from our dive boats.
- The first dive of two-tank wall dives are guided by a divemaster, and the second dive of the two-tank is a Buddy team dive.
- Afternoon one-tank shallow dives are Buddy team dives.
- Private instructors are available at an additional cost.
Dive Computer Policy
Red Sail Sports requires that all certified divers use a dive computer. Computers are included with our regulator rental or if you have your own regulators and do not have a dive computer they can be rented separately.
Computers will provide divers with more bottom time on their wall dives; however, we ask that you follow these rules when you dive with a computer:
- Each diver must have his, or her, own computer, fully operational BCD, and regulator with alternate air source & console (depth & pressure).
- Divers must be back on the boat with no less than 500 psi in their tank and back at the time announced by divemasters before each dive.
- Divers must stay within five minutes of the no-decompression limit shown on their dive computers.
- We strongly recommend a Safety Stop (3-5 mins at 15′) at the end of every dive. A safety stop is mandatory for dives to 100 feet.
Red Sail Sports provides complimentary transportation to and from dives for guests staying in the Seven Mile Beach area.
Choosing a Dive Site
Our dive captains will take requests for dive sites however, as there is a “first come, first served” policy for all the dive site moorings, sites cannot be pre-booked or guaranteed. Weather is also a factor in selecting the appropriate dive site for the group. Our dive captains will make every effort to accommodate requests.
All of our dive staff members are certified instructors with current Emergency Response and O2 training. Grand Cayman has a recompression chamber located in the George Town Hospital, which is just 5-10 minutes from the Seven Mile Beach area. All of our dive boats have VHF marine radios, first aid kits and emegency oxygen onboard.
Marine Parks & Conservation
Red Sail Sports is a member of the Cayman Islands Tourism Association (CITA), an association that endorses safe diving practices and encourages environmental conservation among its members. The Cayman Islands Government, in association with the private sector, created a national marine parks system in 1986 to protect the coral reefs and marine life of these islands. This system has been used as a model for other island nations wishing to establish their own marine parks. Members of the CITA abide by a set of guidelines established by the CITA for safety and marine conservation.
- We recommend that divers who have not been diving within the last year complete their first dive as a shallow 1 tank dive before tackling the West Wall or the steep North Wall.
- Similarly, we recommend that if you completed your Open Water Course over a year ago and have not been diving since that you join a refresher class to get yourself comfortable in the water before diving again.
All certified divers are required to have a certification card. Red Sail Sports accepts the following certification cards among others: PADI, IDEA, PDIC, NAUI, ANDI, SSI (NASDS), SDI, SEI (YMCA), BSAC, CMAS & HSA. Failure to produce proof of dive certification upon check-in may result in us not allowing you to participate in dive activities with Red Sail Sports.
* Divers with special needs should call the dive shop for further information.